Looking for a unique way to watch fireworks in Maine on the 4th of July? Board the Steamboat Katahdin for an unforgettable show on beautiful Moosehead Lake.
HEAD OF THE LAKE CRUISE
- Senior Ages 65+
- Adult Ages 17-64
- Youth Ages 11-16
- Kid Ages 3-10
- Infant Ages 2 and under
Maine Day Cruise
Spend a day aboard the Steamboat Katahdin, a National Historic Site! This full-day cruise travels the length of Moosehead Lake, passing landmarks like Beaver Cove, Sugar Island, Mt. Kineo, and Rockwood, to name a few. Enjoy the natural beauty of the area as you listen to narration on the area’s rich history.
Admission to the Moosehead Marine Museum is included.
This cruise includes continental breakfast and a turkey dinner.
- Katahdin Cruises travel Moosehead Lake, the largest lake in Maine.
- Narration of the region’s rich history is included.
- Spacious decks with ample indoor and outdoor seating.
- Sandwiches, snacks, soft drinks, beer & wine available from our working galley.
- Handicap accessibility on 1st deck.
- Reservations required only for special events and special cruises.
- Charters for weddings, corporate outings, and private parties by reservation.
- NO SMOKING permitted onboard.
- No pets aboard the vessel – only certified service animals allowed.
- Maximum capacity 225.
- Children aged 10 and under are required to wear a life jacket while on board – we supply life jackets but often children are more comfortable with their own.