Looking for a unique way to watch fireworks in Maine on the 4th of July? Board the Steamboat Katahdin for an unforgettable show on beautiful Moosehead Lake.
SUGAR ISLAND CRUISE
- Adult Ages 17-64
- Senior Ages 65+
- Youth Ages 11-16
- Kid Ages 3-10
- Infant Ages 2 and under
Cruise Past Sugar Island
A National Historic Site, the Steamboat Katahdin, more than any other remaining piece of Moosehead’s history, truly reflects the many eras, interests, and businesses of the region’s past and present. Built-in 1914 by the young shipyard Bath Iron Works, the Katahdin was later converted to diesel. Now beyond her centennial year, she is the final link to a bygone era. Affectionately called the “Kate,” she’s a beautiful vessel and a step into the past.
- A narration of the region’s rich history is included.
- Lunch fare available from the galley.
- Admission to the Moosehead Marine Museum is included.
Lunch fare and snacks are available for purchase aboard the boat, including gluten-free options.
Patrons may bring their own food but not alcohol.
- Katahdin Cruises travel Moosehead Lake, the largest lake in Maine.
- Narration of the region’s rich history is included.
- Spacious decks with ample indoor and outdoor seating.
- Sandwiches, snacks, soft drinks, beer & wine available from our working galley.
- Handicap accessibility on 1st deck.
- Reservations required only for special events and special cruises.
- Charters for weddings, corporate outings, and private parties by reservation.
- NO SMOKING permitted onboard.
- No pets aboard the vessel – only certified service animals allowed.
- Maximum capacity 225.
- Children aged 10 and under are required to wear a life jacket while on board – we supply life jackets but often children are more comfortable with their own.