MOOSE ISLAND CRUISE
- Adult Ages 17-64
- Senior Ages 65+
- Youth Ages 11-16
- Kid Ages 3-10
- Infant Ages 2 and under
Experience Maine’s largest lake aboard the steamboat Katahdin!
A National Historic Site, the steamboat Katahdin, more than any other remaining piece of Moosehead’s history, reflects the many eras, interests, and industries of the region’s past and present. Built-in 1914 by the young shipyard Bath Iron Works, the Katahdin was later converted to diesel. Now in her second centennial, she is the final link to a bygone era. Affectionately called the “Kate”, she’s a beautiful vessel and a step into the past.
- This family-friendly cruise takes you through West Cove and then north to Moose Island and Beaver Cove. A narration of the region’s rich history included.
- Lunch fare available from the galley.
- Admission to the Moosehead Marine Museum is included.
- Lunch fare and snacks are available for purchase aboard the boat, including gluten-free options.
- Patrons may bring their own food but not alcohol.
- Katahdin Cruises travel Moosehead Lake, the largest lake in Maine
- Narration of the region’s rich history included
- Spacious decks with ample indoor and outdoor seating
- Sandwiches, snacks, soft drinks, beer & wine available from our working galley